Friday 2 March 2012

Careers and employability (1)

Today I started volunteering for careers and employability. Initially they were just looking for someone to help with a day of filing. However, they offered me the oppertunity to have long term volunteering for them, doing various admin work. I believe this will give me important skills that can applied to lots of potential future careers. Also, it feels great to give back to the university in any way possible.

Firsty I recieved my careers and employability badge, and was introduced to the team. My tasks for today involved filing and inputing data into a spreadsheet regarding graduate job situations.

I will continue to post about these volunteering experiences, although the descriptions may be a bit brief!!

Hours to date: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment